IS THIS ROLE FOR ME?
You will be working as a Street Cleansing Operative and reporting to a Driver Team Leader. The post holder will have experience in manually sweeping, litter picking and cleansing the allocated route, within required timescales and to agreed standards, whilst maintaining compliance with all aspects of health and safety, policy and procedures. The role holder will be able to walk up to four miles a day and lift/carry 10kgs in all weathers, alongside pushing/pulling a wheelie bin/barrel weighing up to 35kgs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- You have excellent communication skills to liaise with colleagues and the public
- You have the ability to work independently, using initiative and as part of a team
- You have technical knowledge of operating equipment safely
- You are experienced in and suitable to all physical aspects of the role
- You will, ideally have knowledge of correct lifting practices and health and safety
Job description - important to read this as it has full job details and requirements for the role.
WHY WORK FOR BRISTOL WASTE COMPANY?
- Free onsite parking (subject to availability)
- 17.5 days holiday
- Development Opportunities
- Employee benefits and discounts