We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Help us to make Zero Waste Towns a reality in West Lothian by becoming a professional Waste Strategy Support Officer. You will test lots of different approaches that we will need in order to change behaviour and make the transition to a fully zero waste society. We are looking for someone creative and innovative who can work with other organisations and charities to progress and expand on our previous activities including reuse show homes, swap shops and upcycling craft activities.
The skills and experience you must have:
Educated to a good standard, preferably to degree level in waste management or a related environmental subject
- Knowledge of current/pending legislation
- Must be numerate, literate and I.T. competent
- The candidate should be working towards associate membership of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management
- Experience of working within the waste management industry
- Must be able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- A good communicator