Additional info: 18.5 hours job share, based in Buntingford.
North Hertfordshire is a large rural district with approximately 125,000 residents with four historic towns, Hitchin, Baldock, Royston and Letchworth Garden City. The Council has a clear vision: to make North Hertfordshire a district in which everyone who lives, works or visits is able to flourish.
You would be joining a team with shared goals of improving recycling and waste services across both North and East Hertfordshire and improving the sustainability and efficiency of the service as a whole.
- The waste management team manages the shared service for both East and North Hertfordshire District Councils and we are seeking a proactive and innovative, team player who has experience of analysing and reporting on data.
- You will have demonstrable experience of project work, being innovative and seeking new and improved ways of delivering services.
- In this role you will be able to manage and manipulate complex data sets. You will be required to work independently as well as part of the team and your work will involve co-ordinating projects with potentially changing priorities in a busy operational setting. You will be able to determine potential solutions, options and outcomes from data sets and present findings to influence decision making.
- You will have knowledge or understanding of administrative IT systems such as Financial Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management Systems or database software systems, ideally in a waste management setting with advanced IT skill in Microsoft packages such as Excel.
- - Local Government Pension Scheme (18% employer contribution)
- - Generous annual leave, including Christmas close down period
- - Occupational sick pay
- - Free cark parking
- - Discounts, including 50% off gym membership
- - Flexible working options including flexi scheme and home-working
We are dedicated to promoting a healthy work/life balance and ensuring all members of our team feel that they are making a difference to the local community and are valued by our organisation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you must complete the Council's online application form at www.north-herts.gov.uk under the Jobs and Careers page using our secure web recruitment tool. Please note that we do not accept CV applications, either on their own or accompanying application forms. Therefore please ensure that all relevant information is provided on the application form.
As a Council committed to equality and diversity we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Disabled people who meet the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
If you would like an informal chat about the post, you can contact Chloe Hipwood, Shared Service Manager on 01462 474304
Closing Date: Noon 27th January 2021
Interviews: 15th January 2021