Leicester City Council’s Waste Management Team, in partnership with Biffa Leicester, manages Leicester City’s waste and recycling services. These services include weekly waste and recycling collections to 135,000 properties, a bring bank network, bulk waste collections, two Household Waste Recycling Centres and two waste treatment plants.
This role will facilitate the development and implementation of the City Council’s Waste Management Strategy, in addition to the creation and delivery of recycling, reuse and waste minimisation schemes, alongside the promotion of existing services.
- Undertake feasibility studies and public consultations as appropriate.
- Implement, manage and evaluate agreed initiatives and projects.
- Develop and implement initiatives to promote waste minimisation and recycling to businesses, households and schools.
- Work in partnership with current waste contractor, other Council Departments and external agencies to develop and implement projects to increase awareness of waste minimisation and recycling.
- Maintain appropriate information including statistical data and performance management data.
- Create appropriate marketing strategies using a wide range of publicity materials.
Requirements of the post:
- Experience in one of the following; project development and management; community development; research; marketing and promotion
- Experience of report writing, written communications and presentations
- Ability to develop and manage initiatives and projects
- Ability to contribute new ideas and to produce creative solutions to problems.
- Suitable literacy and numeracy skills to develop and maintain appropriate information and statistical data
- Clean current driving licence
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact: Luke Crown on (0116) 454 6741.