The waste management section is responsible for the collection and disposal of household waste from residents in Leicester. This is a new post in the waste management contracts team. The post holder is expected to monitor, audit and support the various contracted & non-contracted waste services and deal with any serious complaints and lead on any special waste projects or initiatives.
Essential requirements of the post:
- In depth knowledge and experience gained working in waste or waste contracted services or a related field
- Awareness of current issues affecting waste services to the public and business users
- Experience of dealing with and resolving issues with the public, business users and contracted management and staff
- Experience of inspecting and monitoring works
- Experience of using, updating, developing spreadsheet, e-mail, presentations, web, database applications
- Willing and able to be ‘Warranted’ to carry out investigations, prepare case files for prosecution and be a witness in court
Desirable requirements of the post:
- Practical knowledge of waste/refuse related legislation, guidelines and policy sufficient to give advice to and support colleagues, staff, the public, business users, contractors, suppliers and other external agencies and partners
- ECDL or similar office PC certificate
- Some experience in investigating waste crime and/or preparing court case files
For an informal discussion please contact Sofie Rasmussen on 0116 454 6737.
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.