At Westminster City Council, we believe in creating a ‘City for All’. Somewhere people are born into a supportive and safe environment. A place where they can grow and learn throughout their lives, and where they can benefit from outstanding services.
You’ll help maintain and enhance Westminster’s outstanding reputation for cleanliness through delivering a diverse range of waste and recycling services.
This is your chance to join a dynamic team with big responsibilities. Our residents have a very high expectation for exceptionally clean streets and parks. Our Waste and Parks services are among the most important services we provide as a Council, and while you deliver consistently high standards, we’ll support you with training and numerous development opportunities.
In terms of duties, you’ll be involved in a real variety of work within Waste and Parks, including:
- Reporting on the quality of work provided by our contractors.
- Developing performance indicators with our providers and finding ways to boost performance.
- Supporting on the tendering of contracts.
- Project managing key projects within waste and recycling, ensuring overall delivery as well as robust governance and financial reporting.
- Carrying out site visits and inspections to investigate and resolve issues.
You’ll need experience supporting or managing public sector projects together with solid contract management experience. As well as being a talented project manager, you’ll be able to think strategically, solve problems effectively, work well with a diverse range of people and act as a role model for others. Five GCSEs including maths and English (grades A-C) are essential.
- Salary Range: £34,689 - £38,442 per annum. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Work Location: Westminster City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QP
- Hours per week: 36
- Contract type: 3x Temporary for 24 months
- Closing date: 9 May 2021
- Contact details for an informal discussion: Mark Banks, Head of Service (Waste and Parks), on 07811 241377 or via email: email@example.com
What We Offer:
- If you’re as productive as you are ambitious and collaborative as you are enterprising, this is your chance to take real ownership of your work, right in the heart of iconic Westminster, a true ‘City for All’. This is a unique place where it all happens. And where it could all happen for you.
- As a progressive and innovative organisation, we welcome applications from candidates keen to work in an agile environment with flexible conditions.
- We’re also noted for our commitment to health and wellbeing as well as diversity and inclusion, as attested by our recent wins at the 2020 Business Culture Awards.
- At Westminster City Council, we are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued. We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities. We’re committed to ensuring all our staff – regardless of gender, age, religion, sexuality, ethnicity or disability – can succeed. We value diversity and appreciate that people work in different ways. So, as a Timewise employer we work to provide flexible working arrangements and an empowering environment that enables you to be your best, that is the Westminster Way.