We are seeking an Operations Manager (Waste) to lead in the provision of a high quality and value for money waste management service in North Yorkshire.
As Operations Manager (Waste), you'll be responsible for delivering North Yorkshire County Council's waste management service. You will provide the operational lead for waste management, with a commitment to achieving high quality and value for money through customer focussed services.
You will provide a high quality service, with exceptional performance, and have the responsibility for ensuring the council only pays for the waste services it receives. You will also drive continuous improvement in service delivery and will be responsible for demonstrating that operational services provide value for money. This is especially important when large value services are being delivered through means other than competitive procurement.
A significant part of your responsibilities is the management of change. This includes moving away from delivering services mainly through traditional landfill contracts to new ways of delivery through a combination of the council’s company, Yorwaste, and a long term PPP waste treatment contract. As part of this you will be responsible for developing and implementing new and robust contract management systems and processes for the management and supervision of the biggest contract let by this council. These systems will be necessarily complex so you'll have to be exceptionally organised with an eye for detail.
As Operations Manager (Waste), you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of waste management industry;
- Effective management / leadership experience in managing staff and performance;
- Experience of the development of strategic policies and effectiveness in partnership working;
- Proven and effective experience of the management of resources in a changing organisational environment, including financial resources; and
- Experience of strategic planning, target setting and performance measurement.
Role: Operations Manager (Waste)
Salary: circa £50k plus additional one-off payment of up to £4,650 and £8k relocation package available for exceptional candidates