The role of the operations manager (waste) is responsible for delivering the Council’s waste management service. You will provide the operational lead for waste management with a full time commitment to achieving high quality and value for money through customer focussed services.
You will provide a high quality service delivery and performance, and have the responsibility for ensuring the Council only pays for the waste services it receives. You will drive continuous improvement in service delivery and will be responsible for demonstrating that operational services provide value for money. This is especially important when large value services are being delivered through means other than competitive procurement.
A significant part of your responsibilities is the management of the change. This includes moving away from delivering services mainly through traditional landfill contracts to new ways of delivery through a combination of the County Council’s company; Yorwaste, and a long term PPP waste treatment contract. As part of this you will be responsible for developing and implementing new and robust contract management systems and processes for the management and supervision of the biggest contract let by this council. These systems will be necessarily complex.
As operations manager (waste), you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of waste management industry
- Effective management / leadership experience in managing staff and performance
- Experience of the development of strategic policies and effectiveness in partnership working
- Proven and effective experience of the management of resources in a changing organisational environment, including financial resources.
- Experience of strategic planning, target setting and performance measurement
For an informal discussion about this opportunity please contact Ian Fielding on 01609 532161.