Duration: Permanent, Full Time
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a small highly driven team delivering a much needed key infrastructure project for Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray Councils. It would ideally suit someone already familiar with waste related Design, Build and Operate Contracts and an appreciation of Local Authority Governance.
The North East Waste Projects Manager will provide strategic leadership and management of the Energy from Waste treatment and disposal contract (Ness Energy Project) between Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Moray Council (the partner Councils), and Acciona/Indaver, the Contractor; to act as the Authority Representative for the contract; to act as the main liaison between the three Authorities; and the principle point of contact with communities, Members, officials and business.
The role will also lead on other waste related joint activities supplementary to the EFW partnership and look to develop opportunities for joint working and delivery of better value waste and recycling services across the north east area.
The role will manage and oversee the delivery of the contract, leading and co-ordinating key activities to achieve the objectives of the partner Councils within a complex governance and customer focused environment.
- The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Membership of relevant professional institution (e.g. CIWM).
The post holder is expected to demonstrate skills and experience in:
- Significant experience at management level within a multi-functional organisation, and within a field relevant to the post. This must include evidence of proven experience in the following:
- Contract management – preferably in a waste related environment
- Advising, influencing, persuading, commanding confidence and acting assertively in a political environment with all key partners, internal and external.
- Extensive knowledge of the waste management industry
- Information management skills of reporting, monitoring, analysis and evaluating
- Analysing and presenting complex information both verbally and numerically
- Awareness of diversity and inclusion issues in both employment and service delivery
- Budget management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience of working constructively with people at all levels, including the media, government bodies, general public, elected members and the business community.
- Ability to effectively manage contracts and apply negotiation techniques to reach mutual agreement on settlement and / or outcomes.
- Strategic thinker who can contribute to the development of the service within the organisation, including balancing competing needs and interests.
- Capacity to meet deadlines, satisfy political objectives and organisational priorities.
- Sound project management skills, reliable and ability to self-motivate.
- Demonstrate high level analytical skills, an aptitude for strategic problem-solving, decision making and negotiating.