Full Time, permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for East and North Hertfordshire District Council’s as part of the shared Waste Management section. The role will initially involve assisting in the demobilisation of the two authorities existing contracts and the mobilisation of the new joint contract giving the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the delivery of the new services. The role will require the successful candidate to oversee the Council’s various external contracts which cover waste, recycling, street cleansing and public conveniences to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the contracts including the implementation of the performance management regime.
The successful applicant will need to work well as part of a team in a multi functional service environment, and have:
- A broad working knowledge of waste management functions and a working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Previous experience in large scale contract management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Experience of contract management, negotiation and development of specifications
- Experience of staff management
- Previous experience in identifying and delivering growth and savings proposals, monitoring and controlling budget spend
- We can offer you an excellent benefits package including a pension scheme, generous leave allowance, flexi-time, leisure concessions and more.
How to Apply
- Please note that we do not accept CV applications. To apply please visit www.north-herts.gov.uk and click on Jobs and Careers for full details the post.
- As a Council we are committed to equality and diversity we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- If you would like an informal chat about the post, you can contact Chloe Hipwood, Shared Service Manager on 01462 474304.
Closing Date: Noon 2nd March 2018
Interviews: 19th March 2018