We are looking for a very keen, well organised, meticulous and highly motivated individual to work closely with the Waste Disposal Officer on the waste disposal and Household Waste Recycling Centre contracts. The post is permanent and an essential car user.
The waste disposal contracts cost an estimated £10M in 2019-20 and the assistant will be responsible for bill payment, recording tonnage data, finance reconciliation, contract monitoring and duty of care inspection. The officer will prepare the tonnage data for the statutory quarterly Waste Data Flow submission and annual end destination release.
The successful applicant will implement service improvements through Medway’s HWRC network and undertake day-to-day monitoring of the contract.
- GCSE or equivalent to in English or Mathematics
- Demonstrable ability to use both Excel and Word to an advanced level.
- Ability to demonstrate the practical and/or procedural knowledge in a specialist area, as well as the ability to turn theoretical knowledge into practical applications, or an equivalent level of organisational, procedural and policy knowledge (this would normally equate to graduate level or the equivalent considerable experience).
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Natasha Spencer-Jones on 01634 333198.