Morning, Thursday, 4th June 2020
Full-scale policy conference taking place online
Bob Moran, Deputy Director, Head of Environment Strategy, DfT
Dr Danielle Densley Tingley, Senior Lecturer, Architectural Engineering, University of Sheffield
Greg Archer, Transport & Environment; Nicholas Brown, Lloyd's Register; Kevin Chown, Chief Operating Officer, Kew Technology; Celine Cluzel, Element Energy; Martin Frobisher, Network Rail; Chris Jackson, Burges Salmon; Liam Lidstone, Energy Systems Catapult; Amanda Lyne, ULEMCO; Steve Sapsford, IMechE; Paul Stein, Rolls-Royce; Peter Stephens, Nissan and a senior speaker confirmed from Kew Technology.
Simon Jupp MP
Ruth Cadbury MP, Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group for Women in Transport
- Assessing the impact of the transport sector on climate change and the challenge of decarbonising;
- Priorities for reducing transport emissions - improving efficiency, changing user behaviour, and support for innovation;
- Delivering the infrastructure to support new modes of transport and meeting future electricity demands;
- Promoting the shift to low carbon vehicles - biofuels, hydrogen and the transition from fossil fuels; and
- Next steps for the Transport Decarbonisation Plan.
- · full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording to refer back to
- · information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- · conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- · speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- · opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- · a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- · delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- · networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference