- Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best possible outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC’s Values and Core Organisational Behaviours.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
- To contribute to development of organisational capability by taking ownership of your own training and development, including identifying and taking part in training and development activity and responding to feedback on performance.
- Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
- Take responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety and Business Continuity.
- Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output.
- Project manage the development, implementation, day to day delivery and monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and initiatives.
- Work effectively with and provide support to Essex local authorities to maximise the impact of campaigns and initiatives.
- Support the development and operation of other Waste Projects as required.
- The post holder is responsible for undertaking on-going research to keep abreast of latest advancements, developments and best practice within the industry.
- Respond to enquiries from members of the public and external organisations and businesses.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required. Over time payments or time off in lieu will be provided.
- Manage communication channels between all partners and stakeholders (including elected members and senior officers) and provide information to the public through a variety of communications mediums, ensuring an effective two way flow of information.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent work experience.
- A broad interest and understanding of waste management and / or environmental issues
- Full UK driving licence
- Capable of managing and prioritising own work load and working on own initiative.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to engage with a number of different audiences.
Waste Prevention & Education Officer 6416
Fixed Term, 6 month contract to cover maternity leave
Full time, 37 hours per week
The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
- A Local Government pension scheme
- Interest free bus & rail season ticket loans, from £100 - £5,000 as well as pool bikes & a car sharing scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Excellent opportunities for personal & professional development through our specialist L&D teams
- Extensive induction programmes
- At least 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days (rising to 29 days dependant on grade & length of service)
- Continued service benefits
- Staff discounts in gyms / travel agents / car sales / restaurants & days out
- Please visit http://www.myecctotalreward.co.uk/ for a full list of benefits of working for Essex County Council