To increase awareness of recycling and waste prevention to Essex residents with aims to maximise recycling and minimise waste through behavioural change.
Job Purpose Summary:
To project manage, deliver and evaluate waste reduction, reuse and recycling initiatives, education and schemes, in liaison with corporate communications and Essex local authorities, in order to minimise waste.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
• Project manage the development, implementation, day to day delivery and monitoring and evaluation of campaigns and initiatives.
• Work effectively with and provide support to Essex local authorities to maximise the impact of campaigns and initiatives.
• Support the development and operation of other Waste Projects as required.
• The post holder is responsible for undertaking on-going research to keep abreast of latest advancements, developments and best practice within the industry.
• Respond to enquiries from members of the public and external organisations and businesses.
• Some weekend and evening work will be required. Over time payments or time off in lieu will be provided.
• Manage communication channels between all partners and stakeholders (including elected members and senior officers) and provide information to the public through a variety of communications mediums, ensuring an effective two way flow of information.
Fixed Term Contract, Maternity Cover for 6 months
Full time, 37 hours per week
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent work experience.
• A broad interest and understanding of waste management and / or environmental issues
• Full UK driving licence
• Capable of managing and prioritising own work load and working on own initiative.
• Strong communications skills with the ability to engage with a number of different audiences.
• Interest free bus & rail season ticket loans, from £100 - £5,000 as well as pool bikes & a car sharing scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Excellent opportunities for personal & professional development through our specialist L&D teams
• Extensive induction programmes
• At least 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days (rising to 29 days dependant on grade & length of service)
• Continued service benefits
• Staff discounts in gyms / travel agents / car sales / restaurants & days out