Due to recent promotions within the Waste Management team at Leicestershire County Council, we are looking for a person with experience in waste disposal and treatment procurement and contract management.
This role involves drafting contract documentation and detailed specifications to drive value for money and innovative solutions. A proactive ‘can do’ attitude and a commercial approach supported by good financial management skills are key attributes.
Please note that previous applicants for the ‘Contract Management Officer’ need not apply.
• Candidates should have a relevant degree or equivalent experience in waste contract management.
• You will have experience in budget monitoring, planning, interpreting and writing both technical and non-technical reports as well as effective communication skills.
• Your knowledge will cover waste disposal and treatment, contract management and relevant legislation.
• This role may involve some out of hours working and emergency cover, due to the operational nature of the service being provided.
• Candidates should hold a valid driving license and have the ability to travel to locations across the County as required (subject to the provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
For an informal discussion please contact Rashik Lad on Tel: 0116 3056826 or email: Rashik.Lad@leics.gov.uk
To learn more about living and working in Leicestershire please visit our main website by clicking on the following link: www.leicestershire.gov.uk