Havering Council is a Local Authority located in outer-East London.
The Public Realm section within the Environment Division is responsible for procuring managing and delivering high quality low cost services. These include waste and recycling, street cleansing, grounds maintenance, estates services and parks and open spaces.
These high profile front line services are delivered through a combination of external contracts and internal service providers.
We are very proud of the services we provide and this is your opportunity to join our team and shape how these services are procured, managed and improved.
The Waste and External Contracts Manager will be responsible for:-
- Procuring the provision of a range of high value, high profile environmental services, identifying opportunities for efficiencies and improvements.
- You would act as the specialist client for the management of these contracts ensuring that the services are of the required quality and that they achieve demonstrable continuous improvement.
- These services will include waste collection and have an annual value of over £4.5m.
- You will also be expected to plan and direct the development of strategic projects and strategies related to these services and to promote waste reduction and increased recycling.
- To help you fulfil this role you will manage a team of officers and will be responsible for their performance management and development.
- You will also have experience in successfully procuring and managing high value external contracts delivering environmental services. You will also have extensive experience in the waste management industry with regards to operations, strategy and communications.
- Your excellent communication and negotiation skills will serve you when liaising with contractors, customers, Councillors and senior officers. You will possess a keen attention to detail and be motivated to drive up performance.
- You will possess a high level of achievement in the leadership and management of staff and other resources and must have experience of successful financial planning and budgetary control.
- You will be IT literate and confident using a range of software and applications including MS Office and customer relationship management systems, and be able to analyse and explain complex datasets.
- You will possess a full, clean driving license.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Paul Ellis on 01708 432966.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 19th March 2018, however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Waste and External Contracts Manager
G10 - £47,544 - £51,465pa