A MRF Officer position has become available within the Waste Services operations team. The duties include:
- Allocate and monitor the plant, equipment, material and staff resources of the MRF to ensure cost-effective services are provided to the standard specified.
- Manage the day to day operational delivery of the services to ensure compliance with statutory obligations, service delivery targets and strategic objectives, taking decisions, or actions, in accordance with the Council’s Scheme of Delegation, Financial Regulations and Contract Standing Orders
- You will be responsible for ensuring highest quality product which will in turn mean maximum value can be attained on the sale of processed recovered waste streams. You should be commercially aware and entrepreneurially minded with production experience.
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Waste coordinator, that the Council complies with all waste management licensing conditions and consents for the proper operation of waste management facilities.
- The post holder is required to make expert decisions, which effect short term provisions of the service, and make recommendations of long term provisions of the service.
- Ensure compliance, with Regards to Health, Safety and Environmental obligations
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested within the scope of the job-role
This position may require weekend and shift work; therefore a flexible approach is required. Your normal working pattern will typically be Monday – Friday covering a 37 hour period. However shift patterns will be reviewed to fit the requirements of the process.
Place of work will be Roughmute. You may be required to work elsewhere, to meet the needs of our strategy.