An opportunity has arisen to join the Council’s Joint Waste Management section, working in partnership for both East and North Hertfordshire District Councils. The role is primarily field based with the main office in Buntingford and will require the successful candidate to monitor and review the Council’s various waste management contracts which cover waste, recycling, street cleansing services and public conveniences to ensure that they are carried out to the high standards expected. In addition the role requires officers to proactively manage enquiries and complaints from the public on behalf of both Councils and undertake local environmental quality inspections across the two districts. You will liaise with residents and local businesses about their waste responsibilities, providing advice and guidance.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Be confident in dealing with difficult conversations and be able to communicate effectively with contractors and residents
- Work well as part of a team in a multi functional service environment.
- Have current knowledge of waste management functions and relevant legislation, policy and practice
- Have previous experience working in the waste industry
- Have experience of client monitoring, inspection and assessing the performance of various waste services contracts
- Have experience of implementing and sustaining a high quality customer care approach to service delivery for both internal and external customers
- Have a desire to promote the councils services and encourage participation.
- Have a driving licence and own vehicle insured for business use
We can offer you an excellent benefits package including a pension scheme, generous leave allowance, flexi-time, leisure concessions and more.
For an informal chat regarding the post please contact Chris Carvell on 01462 681095.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you must complete the Council's online application form at www.north-herts.gov.uk under the Jobs and Careers page using our secure web recruitment tool.
Please note that we do not accept CV applications, either on their own or accompanying application forms. Therefore please ensure that all relevant information is provided on the application form. As a Council committed to equality and diversity we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Disabled people who meet the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
Closing date: Noon on 16 February 2018
Interviews: 26 February 2018