LARAC is delighted to be partnering with the environmental charity Hubbub on a series of Local Authority Roadshows the UK in 2017.
As we all know, Local Authorities are increasingly facing reduced budgets and are under pressure to move away from service provision and towards prevention models. Hubbub’s Neat Streets campaign campaign reduced litter in one of the busiest streets in London by 26% and has spread to Manchester, Edinburgh and Birmingham.
At the Roadshows, Hubbub along with its partners, will build the capacity of Local Authorities to deliver behaviour change campaigns and to roll out Neat Streets approaches. They are suitable for senior managers working in street cleansing, waste and communications.
The Roadshow is sponsored by McDonalds and completely free to attend.
- The London Roadshow will take place from 10.00-15.30 on Thursday 27th April at Somerset House, Central London.
- The South East Roadshow will take place from 10.00-15.30 on Thursday 11th May at the NCVO in Central London.
- Roadshows are also planned in the North, Midlands and South West but these dates are not yet confirmed.
We hope you will take advantage of this exciting opportunity; spaces are limited so we encourage you to reserve your places as soon as possible.
Morning delivered by Hubbub
10.00 am Objectives and agenda, including latest academic findings on behaviour change.
10.15 am Behaviour Change Techniques in Action - an intro to social norms, nudge, fun theory, visualisation, motivation points with relevant examples from global campaigns
10.45 am Behaviour Change Campaigns: the Good, Bad and the Ugley - to demonstrate how behaviour change campaigns can be delivered in practice, describing what does and doesn't work, with the opportunity for questions.
11.15 am Developing your local campaign - work through 2 campaign examples on litter and waste, from inception through to evaluation, including a run-through of implementation techniques. Opportunity to start mapping out how campaign ideas could be used in local areas
Afternoon delivered by McDonalds, Barley Communications and others
12.30 pm Complimentary lunch at Somerset House
13.15pm Engaging medeia with your campaign - Advice on working with the media and other influencers to tell your story and build support for your campaigns
14.30 pm Working with the private sector - how to engage with local business to leverage funding and support
15.15 pm Reflection and next steps - to share key learnings and discuss how to take things forward.
Note: this is a preliminary agenda and things may change.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will learn
We will deliver an engaging and interactive day that provides:
• An understanding of behaviour change techniques and how they can be used to tackle litter, waste and recycling.
• Improved knowledge on how to implement a successful behaviour change campaign, including key implementation techniques.
• Examples of innovative campaign ideas to adopt in 2017/18.
• Ideas on how to work with local business to leverage further funding and support.
• Advice on working with the media and other influencers to tell your story and build support for your campaigns.
• The opportunity to start mapping your campaigns and to develop an action plan.
Who should attend?
Staff responsible for delivering services and campaigns on litter and waste including:
• Chief Executives
• Directors of Environment
• Heads of Service in Street Cleansing
• Environmental Enforcement and Education Officers
We welcome up to two representatives per Local Authority and would encourage a service delivery and communications lead to attend together.
National Council For Voluntary Organisations
8 All Saints St
The London Roadshow will take place on Thursday 11th May. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. We will allocate a maximum of 2 spaces per Local Authority.
Reserve your place by emailing email@example.com with ‘London Roadshow’ as the title and details of your guest/s including email address and Job Title. Please call Karina on 020 3701 7544 with any questions.
The Roadshow is sponsored by McDonalds and completely free complementary refreshments including lunch will be provided.