Background to the Roadshows
Hubbub is an environmental charity with an ambition to engage a mainstream audience on sustainability issues. We have been established for two years during which time we have worked with some of the UK’s largest companies such as IKEA, Sainsbury’s and Unilever, creating and running their environmental campaigns.
Neat Streets is Hubbub’s anti-litter campaign which uses best thinking on behaviour change. It was piloted in London and demonstrated to reduce littering by 26%, reaching over 8.5 million people in the media. In 2016, we rolled out Neat Streets in Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham and the Forest of Dean, and launched the world’s first voting ashtray, the Ballot Bin. More recently, Hubbub has started to tackle new areas relating to litter such as coffee cup recycling and marine litter. Hubbub has already won five prestigious awards for our work on litter.
Our ambition is to grow the impact of Neat Streets across the UK and to make our ideas openly available for Local Authorities to use.
This year, in partnership with McDonalds, CIWM, LARAC and Barley Communications, Hubbub will run a series of Roadshows across the UK to build the capacity of Local Authorities to deliver behaviour change campaigns and to roll out Neat Streets approaches.
Our aim is for Local Authorities to leave the Roadshows feeling empowered to deliver successful behaviour change campaigns and with a clear plan on what to do next.
The North East roadshow will take place on Thursday 20th September 2017.
Spaces will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. We will allocate a maximum of 2 spaces per Local Authority.
Reserve your place by emailing email@example.com with ‘North EAst roadshow’ as the title and details of your guest/s including email address and Job Title. Please call Karina on 020 3701 7544 with any questions.
The Roadshow is sponsored by McDonalds and completely free to attend.
Complimentary refreshments including lunch will be provided.
What you will learn
We will deliver an engaging and interactive day that provides:
- An understanding of behaviour change techniques and how they can be used to tackle litter, waste and recycling.
- Improved knowledge on how to implement a successful behaviour change campaign, including key implementation techniques.
- Examples of innovative campaign ideas to adopt in 2017/18.
- Ideas on how to work with local business to leverage further funding and support.
- Advice on working with the media and other influencers to tell your story and build support for your campaigns.
- The opportunity to start mapping your campaigns and to develop an action plan.
Who should attend?
- Staff responsible for delivering services and campaigns on litter and waste including:
- Chief Executives
- Directors of Environment
- Heads of Service in Street Cleansing
- Environmental Enforcement and Education Officers
We welcome up to two representatives per Local Authority and would encourage a service delivery and communications lead to attend together.
Durham Town Hall,
Durham DH1 3NJ