We are offering a special day-rate for non-members booking in March 2017 to attend the Furniture Re-use Network’s Annual Conference on Wednesday 10th May . 1-day delegate pass are just £199+VAT (was £233+VAT) which includes lunch and refreshments. The conference is at the stunning Chesford Grange Hotel (Warwick, CV8 2LD) and is dedicated to the all matters concerning the re-use sector.
Our annual conference is a great opportunity to meet re-users who work with household waste recycling sites and support local councils all over the UK by preventing over 100,000 tonnes of bulky waste from potentially ending up in council owned landfill or going for recycling.
A fantastic example of this is Blackpool Council, who have been working with the charity, Furniture Matters since 2011 to turn bulky waste into a re-usable resource. Together the partnership has supported more than 6,700 households thanks to reused items from the 23,900 items collected in just one year and preventing 1,400 tonnes from landfill.
No matter who you are,
- if you are interested in re-use and the circular economy,
- want to learn about how to re-use to tackle poverty and waste issues in your community,
- are looking to meet the re-use practitioners and connect with experts in the waste and re-use sector
- want to explore possible collaborations with re-use organisations
- …this is the day for you!
Visit our website to find out more about the FRN annual Conference.
What to expect from an FRN Conference:
- Opportunities to network and mingle with re-use practitioners and experts
- Learn and develop together through topical conversations held at the FRN Converstations (the Conversation Stations)
- Hear from the re-use practitioners as they explore their past experiences and discover how they succeeded and what they would do differently next time
- Develop your understanding of waste and re-use sector
- Widen your horizons through learning what is possible and achievable
- Meet the exhibitors who can advise you on their services – specific to charities and the re-use sector
The themes for FRN Conference 2017:
- The Future of Reuse from a UK & EU Perspective
- Communicating Impacts of Reuse
- Best practice in Retail and Supply
- Why Reuse Matters in the Private Sector
How will the Conference unfold?
Tuesday 9 May - We invite you to spend the evening with us at the FRN Tuesday Twister. We know that many of you will be travelling from all over the UK and our informal evening with dinner and bed and breakfast will be just the thing to get you prepared for your conference.
Wednesday 10 May - We welcome everyone who has an interest in re-use to join us at day 1 of FRN Annual Conference and at the Gala Dinner in the evening.
Thursday 11 May - The second day of conference is for FRN members only.