Welcome to the new LARAC website - new on 1st June 2017!
LARAC, The Local Authority Recycling Advisory Committee, was formed in 1985 to represent the emerging voice of local government recycling officers. Full Membership is open to any local authority within the UK. We represent local authority views in waste and recycling issues, and we are run by an Executive of 20 serving local authority waste management officers. We have members from authorities in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales including associates from the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Associate membership is open to any Local Authority with a waste function within the EU.
To be the leading voice for local authorities on recycling, waste and resource management.
To influence UK waste policy for the benefit of our members in a manner which advances the waste and resource industry; to provide membership services in a cost effective and quality manner so that our members are well informed and to provide premier local authority national waste conferences that act as a catalyst for information dissemination and promotion of good practice within local authorities.
How do we intend to achieve our vision?
With Information Provision
- LARAC Annual Conference at greatly reduced membership rates
- Free Conferences in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Support for regional meetings
- LARAC OnLine – our monthly email service
- Policy Briefing - bi-monthly legislation update
- Blogs from Members, LARAC and Partners
- LARAC website – with a members-only discussion area
- The Loop – our quarterly magazine
- Free vacancy advertising
- Provision of information, support and good practice
- Policy responses to government consultations
- Timely meeting reports published in the members' area of the website
By Engaging and Campaigning
- Shaping policy and legislation through advising government and industry
- Building relationships with policy makers
- Influencing European policy development
- Providing informed and realistic viewpoints for the media
Our plans for the future
LARAC is an organisation that gives local authority recycling officers influence.
The LARAC Business Plan 2015-2019 tells you how we will make our intentions real.
The minutes from our latest AGM are available on the Exec Meetings page in the Members' area of the website.